Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Girls in White Dresses....


I photographed this little girl probably around early fall….yes, I seriously need to work on posting photos closer to the time I take them.  It’s time for new year’s resolutions, right?  

Anywho, this session was a lot of fun.  It took awhile for little Machin to warm up to the idea of someone taking pictures of her. She swung in the swing, played with the water hose…which was hilarious! And, with a whole lot of help from her mom, she eventually didn’t even know I was there.  I just followed her around and captured her playing and having fun.


I photographed little Machin near a really awesome tree in their back yard.  You know how I love trees!  Machin kept looking up this tree and was fascinated by something we couldn’t see.  She would point to the top of the tree and say, “Giraffe!”  Her mom and I looked up and what do you know, the tree looked like a giraffe! It was incredible! Machin wasn’t even 2 years old at the time.  One of the photos below you should be able to see the “giraffe” pretty clearly. 

I also got to use a banner I made out of scraps of cloth.  I’m hoping to make similar things in the future and perhaps even sell them on etsy.  I’ll keep you posted if that happens. 

This little girl was such a hoot with a great personality.   I would love to work with her again!

Enjoy!

~gretchen shaw

 




the giraffe tree!


fave!











2 comments:

  1. These are precious!!! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so great, Gretchen!! I wish you lived closer so we could have you capture our crazy kiddos. If you're ever in Cincinnati... :)

    ReplyDelete