Thursday, April 21, 2011

Isabella and Brook-Children Portraits-Memphis, TN



I am so excited to share these photos with all of you somewhere out there!
Meet Isabella and Brook. 
I met these sweet girls and their parents through a mutual friend we have here in Memphis.  It’s truly been a blessing to get to know this family and to see how they interact and enjoy each other’s company.  It makes me excited to have a family some day.  And Brook and Isabella were so much fun to work with.  They were shy for about 10 seconds and then we just had a blast.  We walked around the park, enjoying all the trees in bloom.  At one point I think the girls thought I was taking them on a nature walk instead of a photo shoot. 
I really had a lot of fun with these girls and capturing all their fun and beautiful expressions.  These are 2 sisters that just have so much fun together. 
I loved this photo shoot for lots of reasons and one of them is because I felt like I found my niche.  I love working with kids and love working out doors surrounded by beautiful scenery.  These girls were just being themselves.  I wasn't forcing them into any super specific pose. Their expressions were their own. This is the kind of work that I would LOVE to continue to do, and maybe only do! I guess we’ll see what happens!
Hope you enjoy!
-gretchen*shaw















































































































4 comments:

  1. Beautiful locations and collages, Gretchen! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful girls! Beautiful work, Gretchen. Great job. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete